In the midst (and mist) of the hustle and bustle of Niagara, lies a quiet oasis. So quiet, in fact, that we literally stumbled upon it, following an intricately patterned sidewalk flanked by manicured shrubbery.
The cheerful colors were a delight to the senses, seemingly extending a cordial invitation to enter an area we soon learned was known as Oakes Garden Theater.
Designed and built on property donated by entrepreneur Sir Harry Oakes, the garden opened in 1937 in an area known as Clifton Hill. Cozy benches extend down a tree lined pea graveled walkway…
…which then leads to a tranquil oasis, pleasing to both the eyes and the soul. With free admission, it’s also pleasing to the pocketbook!